Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pintrest Style Dupe!!

I find a lot of my style inspiration on Pintrest. It's one of my favorite social networking sites and if you don't have one, you should seriously get on that... like now! If not for the fashion do it for the recipes, hair styles, craft ideas and workout tips. But anyway.... A couple weeks ago I saw a picture that intrigued me so I decided to try to pull it together. As you know leather pieces are another one of fall's major trends. I've seen Pinners and celebrities wearing leather pants, skater skirts, peplum tops, jackets with leather sleeves and patches. I am really in love with this trend. Leather can be sexy, edgy, and sophisticated... all at the same time! It really just depends on the piece and how you style it. 



This is a casual look with an edge to it. The slouchy chambray shirt and white sweater are perfect for those warm fall days. I didn't even wear a coat over it. The leggings and booties add texture and style to this outfit. I got these leggings from Target for $19.99. I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures but the front of these pants are leather but the back is a cotton material, which makes them a lot more breathable. They are thick and have a waist band, which I love because they are a lot warmer than your run of the mill Forever 21 leggings. Speaking of Forever 21, I got both the chambray shirt and white sweater from there last season. The sweater was on clearance for about $5 (down from $20) at the end of the season and the chambray shirt was $20. The bangles, gold watch and gold leaf necklace were also from F21. 
The booties actually belong to my mother. We got them on a Ross hunt about a month ago. She got these Guess heels for $39.99, down from their original price of $149.99! This outfit was worn with booties on pintrest as well. I think the booties elongate the leg while also showing off the leather pants. You could pair these with tall fall boots but you wouldn't get the same dynamic effect. I really love this outfit. The textures of the sweater, denim shirt and leather leggings give it an eclectic feeling without being too busy. I felt really fashionable and chic today. My Bantu knot out, which turned out amazing today, was just the cherry on top! So what are your thoughts? Style dupe or dont?


No comments:

Post a Comment