Thursday, July 2, 2015

Tales From the Roots: Heaven Wig Review

Trying something new!!!!
Video review at the bottom of this post!
I saw this wig on YouTuber DeeDee a few days ago and I had to pick it up! I fell in love with both the color & cut of the wig. This deep burgundy is unlike anything I have ever tried in a wig or my natural hair so I decided to be bold! I am going on vacation in a month and I wanted to wear the Beshe 'Drew' wig in the color 'wine' which is a shade of burgundy so this is a nice warm up for that.


So without further ado meet the Freetress Equal Synthetic Deep Invisible L Part Lace Front Wig "Heaven" in the color 99J. I picked her up from Elevatestyles.com of course and she is very reasonably priced. This is a lace front with about 4 inces of natural parting space. You can tweeze the part and add some of your


foundation/concealer to make the lace scalp look more like your real scalp. This aids in making a synthetic wig appear more natural.

Price
The great thing about buying your wigs online is that the price is usually cheaper. Below is the price info for this wig.
Market Price: $36.88
I paid $29.50. A few days later it went on sale for $27 so make sure you keep an eye out for holiday deals before buying from Elevate styles.

Shipping
Two Day priority shipping was $6.88 on my package of two wigs, only $3 more than the regular shipping which is also very fast. About 2-3 hours after placing my order I got an email saying my package was shipped and it was delivered promptly after two days. 

Overall
I absolutely love this wig. I wore it for a few days after filming my review video and I'm happy to say I didn't have too many issues with this hair. After the first day I did get some slight tangling near the nape of my neck. I bought a small brush to use throughout the day but the tangling was not out of control. Even with the minimal tangling the wig always looked bouncy & flowed over my shoulders with ease. She is not stiff at all. It does shed. Not an extreme amount but I would say I got a few strands a day.

I am in love with the parting space, the length and color. In natural lighting the burgundy is more toned down. I think this is because there are 1B strands mixed in with the colored hair. In the sun light the color really pops but this didn't bother me. Even though the hair is a redish/purple color the deepness of the hue along with the low shine & thickness makes this wig look more realistic than I ever imagined.

I do plan to wear this wig a lot. I definitely plan to order it in a 1B or a 2 to wear to work over the winter. I really recommend this wig to big headed girls like myself and those who are looking for a cute everyday wig, The cap fits very comfortably on my head and doesn't bother me after wearing it all day. 'Heaven' is flat iron safe (heat up to 400 degrees) so I will be flat ironing her in the future to really accentuate those layers.


Watch the below video on my YouTube channel for my initial review/ unboxing and to see 'Heaven' in action.


https://youtu.be/6jcJ0js-nOg

Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 

Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks so much. Yes I loved this wig and despite the vibrant color I have been told that is looks very natural.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While allowing this to dry prepare the lace front wig. Pin all of the hair back into a ponytail or bun. Straight lace front Wigs

    ReplyDelete