Friday, July 10, 2015

Ways to Wear It: Barbie Tshirt

Video Review at the bottom of this post!!

Barbie Girl

Everyone knows that Barbie is a cultural icon. For most girls my age she was the definition of playtime. Period. Ever girl I knew had boxes of Barbie clothes, shoes we could never keep up with, a million of those little plastic combs and not to mention the accessories. My Barbies had a dream house, an apartment, a VW Beetle, an air plane, a drop top Porsche and a horse, High Stepper. I don't know what girls play with nowadays but Barbie was the Bomb.com! My child will most definitely have Barbies but we will be sure to girl them all cute Afros ;)


So naturally when I saw this Barbie Tee Shirt at Forever 21 I had a mini heart attack. Needless to say I bought it and if I see another one I will buy that one too!!

Shirt Details:
Barbie logo Sleeveless Tee shirt
Forever 21 $17.90

The thing I most loved about Barbie was that she was always changing her look. from 1959 to 2015 Barbie's style is never outdated or predictable. So in the spirit of Barbie fabulasity I decided to show you how to shake up this tee. You can do this with any graphic T shirt you have but since I am wearing a Barbie T I picked three different Barbie looks.


Weekend in the Hampton's Barbie


Friday after 5 this black Barbie is headed straight to her house in the Hamptons.  She's going to stroll on the beach with little Beau, have a glass of wine on the porch and watch the sun set. 

Now all of us can't spend our time in the Hamptons but you can still put this look to use any where you go. It's a nice mix of casual & cute. 

Hair: Outre 'First Lady' Wig
Skirt:New York & Company
Hat: Target
Necklace: Premiere Designs 
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Charming Charlie
Bag: Payless
Sunnies: Charming Charlie

70's Swag Barbie 

Back in the day Barbie was still at it! Wide leg pants and platform shoes make this look very retro. And don't forget the afro! 

Even if you aren't stuck in the 70's you can rock this outfit. Wide leg trousers are very popular right now. I love denim so it was only right to grab these. Even though they aren't bell bottoms, which would be more true to the 70's, they give the impression of that vintage style but with a modern twist.

Hair: Beshe "Shelly" Wig
Pants Forever $21 $24.90
Belt: Target
Bag: Forever 21
Shoes: Charming Charlie
Necklace: Premiere Designs
Earrings: Forever 21
Sunnies: Aldo $8

Modern Woman Barbie
So in 2015 we do things a little differently. It's about gold chains, heels and dope shades. Modern Barb still has some of her iconic girly flare but with a little edge. 

Pairing a graphic tee with a pair of heels gives a little edge to any outfit. This modern Barb is going to a bar for drinks with her friends and then off to a summer concert.

Hair: Freetress 'Heaven"
Jeans: PacSun
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
Wallet: Coach 
Bangles: Charming Charlie
Necklace: Forever 21
Sunnies: Aldo


Don't forget to watch my lookbook video



Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 

Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading!

1 comment: