Monday, December 16, 2013

Mason Jar Fun







Along with a really cute pea-coat from JC Penney, I gave my boyfriend a mason jar full of candy. This may seem silly to some but he is a junk food connoisseur and lover of sour gummy candy so it seemed like the perfect thing to get him. I got the idea from Pintrest (where else!) and it was extremely easy to put together.
I previously spoke about mason jars in my Holiday gift ideas blog but here is a more in depth look at method of gift presentation...






We had this large mason jar at home so all I had to do was wash it and I was ready to go. If you need one you can go to Target, they sell the large ones individually for about $1.99. They also sell them in bulk. They sell these at the grocery store also but not individually and not as cheap as Target (which was surprising). The two birthday candles were on sale at Food4Less 2 for $3. I got the bags of candy at Family Dollar, all of them $1 a piece. I got all gummy candy but of course you can fill it with whatever you like. After you've gathered everything simply fill it and close it. Ta-Da!







He was in love with the gift and I was in love with how easy it was to create something great. The presentation is the best part. I could have given him the candy in a regular old gift bag but putting it in the mason jar with a bow really made $5 worth of candy feel like a grandiose gift. And the best part is that you can reuse the mason jar for something else after the candy is gone!

I can't wait to see what else I can stuff in a jar!

Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 


Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment