Wednesday, November 20, 2013

30 day skin care challenge

I will be the first to admit that I tend to get lazy and half do my skin care regiment or fall off completely but I know I need to do better, ASAP! The cold fall weather has been really harsh to my skin and I know the winter will make it even worse. My skin just seems really dry and pale lately and I find myself reaching for my blush or bronzer a lot more lately. I have also been noticing a few small break outs on my forehead and cheeks. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dealing with a horrible bout of acne, I've had pretty nice skin since leaving puberty behind, but my skin has been better in the past. I can't just blame this on the weather though, I have been really slacking. I moisturize everyday but I haven't been using my facial cleanser consistently, I've been eating a lot of sugary foods, not drinking enough water and not taking my vitamins. SO as of today I want to get my life back together and take better care of my skin. My skin regiment is really simple and inexpensive. I could probably be using better products but I won't be using anything new since the products I have actually work pretty well for me when I actually use them. Why go out and spend more money when you can work with what you've got?



I take a daily dietary supplement called Biotin (5000 mcg). This vitamin promotes hair, skin and nail health. I got this bottle of 120 small soft gel pills from Walmart for no more than $3. Biotin has always been my friend but if you want to start taking it do not expect immediate results. You really have to take it everyday and drink a lot of water to see results after a couple weeks. I love seeing my hair, skin and nails flourish when I'm taking this, especially since my nails barely grow when I'm not taking it. The only down side is that the hair on your head isn't the only hair that grows while taking it... which is why I would only take 5000 mcg of it.

I cleanse my face with Aveeno active naturals Clear Complexion foaming cleanser which promotes clear, even looking skin and prevents breakouts. This is pretty true. I've been using this for over a year now. My skin tends to be dry if I cleanse it with certain cleansers. Dove and Neutrogena never worked for me but Aveeno has always been great and it works really well with my moisturizer. I only wash with this in the mornings in the shower.

After cleanings I use Olay Complete- All day moisturizer with sunscreen SPF15. I learned from my mother that the best way to prevent wrinkles is to never get them and using a moisturizer with SPF is the perfect way to do that. This lotion is really light and smooth so it doesn't clog my pores or irritate my skin. It can be a little expensive but since I only apply it to my face and neck this little bottle actually lasts a few months. Everything I use can be found at stores like Target, Walmart and grocery stores.
Hopefully I will be able to stick to using my products, drinking enough water and cutting out sweets so  I can see results sooner rather than later. The hardest part will be saying goodbye to lemonade, which is drink like water smh. But I know I can do it!

It's hard to see in this picture but there are small
clusters of bumps on my dry skin :(

No comments:

Post a Comment