Monday, February 3, 2014

Tales from the roots: The Pre-Poo

I first heard of the 'Pre-poo' on YouTube via MissKenK. After wearing her pixie cut straight she wanted to revert her hair to its natural curly state and moisturize it. I decided to try it because I had been wearing my hair straight and was paranoid about causing damage to my natural coils.
For those of you who don't know a pre-poo is done by saturating your hair in oils and conditioner before starting your shampoo-deep conditioner regiment. From my understanding you can use any combination of natural oils, ingredients and conditioners. You can read more about it on naturallycurly.com. I didn't want to go out and buy anything so I dug up some old natural products I was given a while back and some olive oil from the kitchen!

I mixed the extra virgin oil oil with Herbal Essences long term relationship conditioner and Burt's Bees super shiny conditioner (which smells amazing) and saturated my entire head. I left it on for about 15 minutes. It was amazing to see my straight hair curl back up under the oils and conditioner. After rinsing my hair was really soft so I guess the pre-poo was worth it!
                      


No comments:

Post a Comment