Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Work Wear: Body Con-fidence

Simplicity is always key to a good outfit! I scooped up this stripped body con dress at Forever 21 after work one day. I had been looking to buy on from H & M, they usually sell them for around $14 but I got this one for $12. As you can see there is not much to it. Even though its just a basic dress you can do a lot with it especially in the winter and fall because of its length and long sleeves. I paired this outfit with thick, black opaque tights, warm socks and leather boots for warmth and a flowy black sweater up top. I did wear this outfit to work, so I think it's totally work appropriate, even though it is form fitting. Instead of the sweater you could wear it with a blazer or cardigan with rolled up sleeves. I didn't want to be too formal so I work it with the sweater. 
If you wanted to turn this outfit from office to happy hour or even Friday Date night, I would switch out the flat boots for a sexy pair of black heels and lose the sweater/ blazer all together. 
I used the Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie on wet hair to get my twist out results, which I allowed to air dry over night. At this point I was still learning how to properly twist my hair while also eliminating straight strands so my curls don't have as much definition as they do now but I was still fierce and foxy with my Fro. 


No comments:

Post a Comment