Thursday, January 15, 2015

Ways to Wear It: Leather & Knits Part 3

Leather Leggings 


     This is the third and final installment in my Leather & Knit series! This time around we are talking about leather leggings or leather pants. Depending on your budget you may not be able to afford real leather pants which usually cost $700 and up. I know my budget doesn't allow splurges like that so if you are like me but you still want to get this look all you will need to do is go grab a pair of faux leather pants or leggings. for your favorite retailer. I've seen them at department stores like JC Penney and fast fashion chains like H&M and Forever 21.



    I've had this pair of leggings for a while now. Initially I bought them at Charlotte Russe to wear to college bars & clubs. Since graduation I haven't had much use for them but I hate to leave clothes in my closet unused. These two looks are showing off the versatility of this piece. Liquid/ leather leggings are not just for the club.

Look One 




















This is a super casual and comfy look that I would wear to lunch or to hang out with family/ friends. While doing research on Pintrest I saw a lot of looks similar to this. I think the draw is the mixing of textures and fits.

     The warm coziness of the chunky sweater gives a great contrast to the sleek leather look of the leggings. Also the loose, slouchy fit of the sweater contrasts the structured fit of the leggings, which balances out the outfit more. Wearing a fitted shirt with this would take away from the casual look we are going for in this outfit.

     I think the layering of the sweater  is the key here. These leggings are not warm but adding the chambray shirt, sweater and boots adds much needed warmth for the winter/fall months.









Outfit Details
Shirt: Forever 21
Sweater: Forever 21 Clearance
Leggings: Charlotte Russe $14
Shoes: Charming Charlie "Ava"
Bag: Charming Charlie Nyssa
Shoes: Charlotte Russe sale price $20, reg price $45.















Look Two 

      This look is very spunky. As you can tell I had a lot of fun wearing it. Here I have on a sleeveless, almost sheer chiffon-like top. On top of that I have on a cropped polka dot sweater. I absolutely love layering with this piece, especially with shirts that have no pattern. I've also worn this on top of my denim chambray shirts. This looks really cute with cuffed sleeves and nice bracelets.

     I wore gold jewelry to compliment the cold buttons on the navy blue top and the hardware on the purse. I could have worn the black boots but I felt booties would make the outfit more interesting.

I really like the playfulness of this outfit. It doesn't look like something I would wear on a regular basis and I love creating new looks for myself.

       I have worn the top half of this outfit to work. Instead of the leggings I paired the shirt/sweater comb with jeans and riding boots. If the shirt came down farther in the back, fully covering my behind I think this would be more appropriate for work but on the other hand sitting in these pants for 8 hours wouldn't be fun at all!

     With that being said I would wear this outfit in its entirety to a bar, out to drinks or dinner with friends or any fun event or party.

Outfit Details
Shirt: Forever 21
Sweater: H&M $24
Leggings: Charlotte Russe $14
Shoes: JC Penney
Bag: Charming Charlie "Tribeca Cutie"
Accessories: Forever 21










Thank you for Reading! 

Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 



Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment