Thursday, January 8, 2015

Ways to Wear It: Leather & Knits Part 2

Leather Skirt 

     Hello again! Here is the second blog in my Leather and Knits blog series. In the last blog I showed you two looks with Leather shorts. In this blog I will be showcasing my favorite leather piece which is this amazing pencil skirt I got from Forever 21 earlier this year. I've worn this skirt on many occasions and honestly it's one of my favorite pieces to style because it is so versatile and comfortable to wear. It even has pockets and a thin lining on the inside to keep your skin from sticking to it. Even though it is long it gives me a nice silhouette which is all you need sometimes. 



Look One 


   This look is a perfect mix of dressy & casual. Easily something you can wear to the office or out
to dinner and be appropriate for both.  

     Now that I work in an office I always try to find a mix like this. Something feminine, but not too sexy, conservative but not too aging, interesting but not distracting and dressy but not too formal. The leather pencil skirt has the potential of being very dressy but the casual chambray shirt mellows this out. Both are pretty fitted so you can throw on a chunky sweater like I did to tone this down while also adding warmth and a a fun pattern. 
     I chose to wear light blue heels and keep the colors muted in this outfit but you could add a pop of color in your shoes if you like. I generally like to wear heels with a skirt of this length, it also just makes the outfit look better in my opinion, but this would work with a pair of booties or even riding boots.

     You could change out the thick sweater for a blazer to make the outfit more formal or keep the sweater and wear a traditional button up. I like to get my fitted button ups from New York and Company. They fit really well, hold up in the washing machine and they come in a variety of colors. Just make sure you catch them on sale or have a coupon, otherwise you'll end up spending $40 on one shirt.

Outfit Details
Skirt: Forever 21 $17
Shirt: Forever 21
Sweater: JC Penney
Shoes: Call It Spring "Seveven" $39
Accessories: Forever 21 

Look Two 

     This look is a lot more playful but also something you could wear to work. This is my take on both the leather and the Sport Lux trends. If you aren't familiar with Sports Lux it is the mixing athletic paraphernalia into your fashionable/ girlie wardrobe. It doesn't have to be any thing from an actual national team, any generic jersey or hoodie will do. I got this generic Chicago Bears jersey/T-shirt from Victoria's Secret Pink at 40% off it's regular price (yay me). I say generic because it doesn't have an actual players number or name on the back.

     I dressed it up with my handy dandy leather skirt and Navy blue heels from Target.    
     Unfortunately they do not sell these anymore, which is truly a tragedy. I love these shoes. I wish I had followed my shopping compulsions and bought two more pairs. But you live and you learn.

     Anyway, this would be a very cute outfit to wear to work on a game day or to a bar on game night. Depending on which team's jersey you are rocking, and the season, you could even modify the outfit a little and wear it to a game.


Outfit Details
Skirt: Forever 21
Shirt: Victoria's Secret PINK $17.50 (Sale)
Sweater: JC Penney $9
Shoes: Target Mossimo "Viveca"
Accessories: Forever 21







I really adore this skirt and everything I've been able to do with it. Especially since I was able to find it for $17! The only thing I don't like is that I constantly hear the sound of the lining rubbing against my skin while I walk but it's still a hot skirt. I would love to have another one in an oxblood red color or even a forest green for fall looks.

Check out the video below for a more in depth look at this last outfit :)


Stay tuned for the final installment in this series!



Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 


Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment