Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Lotta Lip Stick!

This week I picked up three new colors for my lips. NYX #558 Cocoa, NYX # 535A Pink Lyric and Revlon's 660 in Berry Haute. The NYX lipsticks were on sale, buy one get one 50% @ $3.99 each and the Revlon lipstick was $4.99 at Target.
I am a newbie to the wonders of lipstick but I am thoroughly obsessed already. For the longest time I stuck to red, because even though it is a bold color, everyone looks good in the right red. But after seeing one of Rihanna's promotional pictures for the Riri heart's Mac fall collection I decided to search for a great plum/purple lipstick. And true to form, I went searching for one thing and came home with extra's.
Berry Haute is a very pretty color. It is very different from my usual colors. I love it but Revlon is not as pigmented as the NYX lip colors. I have to apply several coats to get the color that you see above in the picture. Even though the color could be stronger my lips really like the feel of Revlon.

Pink Lyric is extremely bold. It reminds me of Nicki Minaj and even though she rocks it, I'm not sure if it is for me. The texture is very creamy. I haven't worn it all day but I am sure it would be moisturizing. I hate to waste money on a lip stick I don't like so I tried a technique I found on Pintrest, we'll get to that later...

Cocoa turned out to be more muted than I was expecting. I've never worn a nude/brown lip but I am growing to like it. If I were to wear this out I would pair it with a bold eye and curly hair. Later this week I will be trying make-up looks with these lip sticks just to see which one will make my favorites list. I'm hoping to find something that I can wear with as much frequency as my red.

No comments:

Post a Comment