Monday, October 14, 2013

Great find at Ross

This weekend my mom and I did a little shopping. One of the stores we checked out was the brand new Ross in Tinley Park, IL. The shoe section, which is directly in front of the entrance was buzzing with women and with great reason. Ross is a gold mine of great deals. If you aren't familiar with this department store chain, it is similar to Tj Maxx or AJ Wright. I believe it is new to Illinois, or at least the Chicago land area. I don't remember seeing any before the past two years but I had heard of them from Youtube Fashion gurus.
Anyway, I have been looking for a great pair of wedge sneakers. I held out from buying an all black Airwalk pair from Payless Show Source about a month ago, looking to save my money to buy the black 'Chism' sneakers from Aldo for $90. SO imagine my surprise when I found the last pair of Steve Madden's Hilight at Ross!
They were originally $150 but can be bought on sale at stevemadden.com for $69 but Ross has them for $27.99! I was given a 10% discount for a small flaw on the shoes, making them an even more amazing $25. When I got home the real fun of pairing began. Here are a few looks I created but the possibilities are endless.

Ways to Wear it

Look one would be cute for a date night to the movies or Dave & Busters. I wore my Old Navy dark denim Jacket (~$30), white high-low top from Forever21 ($9.99), liquid leggings from Charlotte Russe ($14)
Look Two is very relaxed. I'm wearing my University of Illinois hoodie (go Illini ~$20) with black Forever 21 leggings ($4)
The third look is something i would wear to the grocery store or to visit family. My Hollister long sleeve shirt (which I've had forever and don't remember what I paid for it) is worn with my favorite Levis. 

I can't wait to see what else I can do with these. I am sure Pintrest will help in that department. I have pinned so many pictures of celebs like Beyonce and Ciara wearing wedged sneakers but they every day girls bring excitement to this trend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment