Thursday, October 17, 2013

Ways to wear it: Denim Chambray Blouse for fall!

In case you don't know a denim chambray top is a loosely fitting denim or denim like shirt that you can buy in many different washes. Some of them even have studs or patterns on them. These shirts have been a key piece for at least a year now, throughout every season. I got my denim chambray top earlier this year at Forever 21 for about $19. Mine has no extra studs or embellishments besides the pearl buttons and is slightly fitted.
The best part about these shirts are their versatility. In the spring I usually wore this with the sleeves rolled up and over a dress or tied at my navel with a skirt but it is very possible to bring the top into the fall.  In order to keep wearing your denim top throughout the seasons you really just need to know how to layer and be able to keep an open mind.


 Look One: 

I paired my denim top with white jeans and a white cami underneath. The brown cross body bag adds a relaxed, weekend feeling to the outfit and the coral flats add a pop of color. Even though my jeans are white you could also wear your denim chambray top with jeans of any color. I usually try to keep my jeans and denim top in different shades when I wear them together so I don't end up looking like Chuck Norris. Blue denim shirt with black, white, colored or patterned jeans will work. On colder fall days you can add a chunky sweater on top. Of course I didn't plan this while I was shopping, but the sweater and my flats match perfectly. This look is more preppy so I ditched the cross-body and added a brown shoulder bag.
Jeans- JC Penny's $17
Flats- Urban Outfitters clearance $10
Bag- Cross-body bag Forever 21 $19, Hand Bag JC Penny on sale for $18

Look two:

I think a skater skirt makes anything look flirty and that's exactly how I felt when wearing this. Here in Chicago we are well into the fall so you would have to be brave to wear this look without tights. 
I added a cheetah print belt on top of the skirt to accentuate my waist and pull out the colors of the shoes and bag. Flats make this outfit fun and easy for day time activities and the heels make this perfect for a casual date. 
Mia Flats- Tj Maxx $30
Nude heels- Charlotte Russe ~ $25
Belt- Target on sale for $14 

Look three: 

 This is an outfit I often wore to class in college. Its so easy, comfortable and fashionable. The moto jacket is one of my favorite pieces to use when I want to make my outfit more edgy and I absolutely LOVE scarves for fall. I always get a lot of compliments on my over the knee boots, under which I always wear tall socks and sometimes leg warmers in the colder months. Leggings are always a go to for me. They are so versatile and comfy and that is really important for a girl on the go. The layers in this outfit make it so that you don't need a bulky jacket, making it the perfect outfit for fall.
Express moto jacket
Bakers leather boots
forever 21 leggings

Look four: 

I've seen this look on Pintrest many times so I decided to try it since I had the shirt and skirt to pull the look off. This is a great way to bring your summer maxi dresses or skirts into the fall and I also think it's an interesting way to wear a maxi skirt. I don't usually see women wearing them in the fall or with long sleeve shirts so you will definitely be putting a new spin on an old trend with this one. I got this skirt at Windsor for about $20 and I have worn it with so many different tops but never this one. I like the shapes and lines in this outfit so I think I will wear it out on a warm fall day.





I hope you enjoyed all of these looks, I had a ball playing dress up. If you have a denim top or have a favorite way to wear it feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment