Monday, May 11, 2015

Spring Look book: NY&C Wrap Dress

The Wrap Dress 

I think it is common knowledge that the Wrap Dress is one of the most flattering dresses you can put on your body. No matter your shape or weight, a wrap dress can give you curves and amazing cleavage.

These dresses have been popular since the 60's & 70's with Diane Von Furstenberg's name being at the forefront of the wrap dress movement. She is actually still selling amazing wrap dresses which can often be seen worn on the Wendy William's show. 

I found this dress at New York & Company, and although it isn't a Furstenberg it is still gorgeous and most importantly affordable. 



Wrap-Front Belted Shirt Dress - New York and Company



I think the best part about this wrap dress is that it is actually just that. A lot of dresses claim to be wrap dresses because they give the illusion of one fabric wrapping over the other but in actuality there is a closed seam. On this dress the belt is actually holding the dress closed. This allows you to make it as tight or lose as you would like it but the wrong gust of wind can have you showing a little bit more than you would like. There are a few solutions to this. You could wear a slip or use a safety pin to make the closure more secure. 

As I said, I found this on the clearance rack at New York and Company. This dress can also be found online but if you want this I advise you to move quickly! My dress is in the color "Gleaming Pink" but it can also be bought in "Amplified Blue". 

This dress is very classy and conservative. You could easily wear this to work, brunch or a summer wedding. Here I am wearing flat white sandals and a white quilted bag but you can dress this up with heels & a clutch purse. You could stick with white or nude accessories but even a printed shoe or color blocking partner like orange would be great accessories with this dress. 

Outfit Details 
Reg. Price $64.95
Sale $32.47- New York & Company
Reg Price $16.99 - Charming Charlie 
Sale $27.99 - Charming Charlie




Like my hair? Check this out 
This dress and many other spring pieces are show in my recent Haul Video. Check it out!


See this dress in action in my look book video!

Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 


Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment