Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The makeup sensei you need in your life NOW

The other day a good friend of mine posted a status on facebook, reminiscing about college nightlife and fun times getting ready with our girls before bar hopping. This quickly turned into an epic thread filled with throwback pictures of our younger selves, eyelids smothered in gaudy eyeshadow, ungroomed brows, foundation that didn't match and outfits that were questionable, to say the least.

As I looked at these pictures I came to realize that my current makeup skills, although still modest, have come leaps and bounds from my college days. During the past few months, I have kicked up the intensity on my journey to master make-up. An instrumental influence in this journey is none other than Youtube's Jackie Aina.

Formerly known as PumpkinPie05, Jackie has been doing makeup tutorials for almost 10 years now! I remember following her under her former YouTube name and, I have to be honest, I didn't like her makeup looks! I think it was the eyeshadow... there was a lot of it... everywhere. Even she has since admitted that some of her old looks were a little.... wild but honestly, my distaste had more to do with my extreme introverted, shy personality and low self-confidence back then.


Now I love Jackie! We've both grown so much and I am ready to be taught! As a beauty guru and influencer, Jackie is always honest with her reviews of products and companies. She provides a wide range of products featured on her page so that it includes as many people as possible. 

Her success built off her YouTube page is almost as inspiring her her honesty. 

Rosemary Donahue @ Allure writes:


Jackie Aina is a popular influencer and beauty vlogger, and her YouTube channel boasts over one and a half million subscribers. She does anti-haul videos, reviews, as well as talks with viewers about trends she'd like to see fall by the wayside. She also has a beautiful Instagram feed that's totally worth following. It was just Aina's 30th birthday, and to celebrate she used Instagram to announce her latest venture — a collaboration with Too Faced that may be one of the most exciting things she's done yet.
Keep Reading

Watch and Learn from Jackie Here on YouTube.

Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 

Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment