Monday, October 16, 2017

DIY Halloween Care package

My over the top, Halloween inspired college care package was inspired by none other than Pintrest and my strange love of all things Halloween. If you have a college kid who would love a spooky surprise you should give this DIY a try!

The Box
The project was inexpensive and easy to put together. I reused a box I already had and decorated it with print-outs, Halloween scrapbook paper and faux spider webs from Jo-Ann Fabric store but don't limit yourself! You could paint, use glitter and much much more! Another cool idea would be to decorate the box with images and sayings from the recipient's favorite scary movie. 


If they love Halloween, you could print out photos of Michael Myers  and glue them on top of small pieces of cardboard so that they pop out! Blood knives, pumpkins and haunted houses would be great to include with this theme as well. Full disclosure, I ran out of paper while decorating and had no time to go back and get more. Pintrest meet the real world! but you can be better than me! lol
So get creative when choosing a theme and decorating your box!

Inside

Presentation is very important when sending a care package this dramatic, but what's inside is the most important part. I filled the box with Halloween themed items. Some useful, others not so much. All of these items were found in the Target One Spot for various prices. 
2 pairs of socks (skeleton & pumpkin print)
pumpkin kleenex
velvet pumpkin
black cat ears
Halloween window clings
trick-or-treat string lights & batteries
Halloween Reese's minis
(Not pictured: I included a Halloween costume to encourage the recipient to actually go out and celebrate!)
After everything was packed in I covered the goodies with faux spider webs and two fake spiders. 

Shipping

I sealed the box and took it to the post office. I was able to ship my box for $8.50 and it will arrive in around 3 days. 

This was an easy and fun care package to put together and I can't wait to hear feedback from my little college student! With the cost of shipping, fill and decorating the box I spent around $25.

Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 

Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading!

1 comment: