Sunday, July 29, 2012

My first attempt at Ombre nails

I think I did pretty good for my first time. It's not as neat as I would have liked but over all I love this design! It was pretty easy and I think with time I can perfect this. I got the idea from surfing various videos on youtube. I will describe my process but feel free to do your own research.









You will need:
-Finger nail polish remover for clean up
-water
-a clean makeup sponge
-3 different colors (they can be 3 shades of the same color or completely different)
-Q tips
1. Start with clean nails and apply a base color. I used Sinful Colors 'Easy Going' (#300), which is a very pale pink. The purpose of this coat is to make the colors pop! You could also use white or nude.
2. Now it's time to prepare your sponge. Usually they are triangular but I cut mine so that it wasnt too much bigger than my finger to cut down on the access. Dip the sponge in water and ring out the access water.

3. In the order you want the colors to appear on your nail, apply a generous amount of polish across the flat end of the sponge. I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails 'Heart of Stone' (#230), Xtreme Wear 'Fuchsia Power' (#23) and Sinful Colors '24/7' (#920).

4. Roll the painted end of the sponge across your finger from left to right, this should leave a light impression of the three colors on your finger. The more you do this the darker your colors will be. It should look something like this :

5. Dip the Qtip in finger nail polish remover and use this to clean up the access polish on your nail.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for each finger. When you are done apply a clear top coat and your done!



No comments:

Post a Comment