Monday, June 9, 2014

Living in the Lime Light

This lime skirt has quickly become one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe and
It is just as whimsical as it seems...

 

                                                                       

   I usually don't splurge on pieces and if I do there is always a price cap. But I made the exception for this skirt and I'm sure you'll be able to see why in the pictures. On a weekend shopping trip to Orlando Mall I spotted this beauty in Akira. I never really intended to buy it honestly. As I was standing at the rack, holding a bunch of skirts & tops, a sales associate spotted me admiring it. When she asked if she could start a dressing room for me I figured "might as well try it on".
   After finishing a lap around the store I made my way to the dressing room which she had filled with complimentary pieces to everything I had picked out, matching shoes and two more outfits that she though I might like (This is one of the favorite things about Akira, the dressing room help is AMAZING). Of course I liked everything but this skirt stood out the most. Nothing stood out like the price tag however. I whooping $70! You may not be able to tell from the photo but this skirt is very well made, heavy & thick, two layers of thin sheer fabric with a lining and sturdy zipper. It was unlike anything I had ever tried on. Even so I decided to say no and left Akira without buying anything.
   But after a week of thinking about how amazing that skirt would look on me this summer and how I would love to put it up on my blog I decided to take a trip the the Water Tower Place on my lunch break to see if the Akira downtown had it. They did. Only one in my size. It was a sign.
   It's obvious what choice I made....





About this outfit:

I paired the skirt with a printed top I found at Forever 21. I bought it because of the elephant print, elephants have always been my favorite animal, and the keyhole cut in the back. I also thought that the green of the palm trees perfectly accents the lime green of the skirt.

I got the waist belt from H & M. It is adjustable and two toned. My necklace is also from H & M and the shades are from Forever 21.

Although you can't really see my feet I am wearing white wedges with a wicker heel. This skirt is really long, I'll probably end up getting it tailored since if I don't wear extremely tall heels it drags on the ground.


Another Way to Wear It

This look was inspired by the fashion blog Style Pantry. Usually you think of pairing summer skirts with tanks or shirts with straps but this is a more conservative look. Definitely more office friendly yet chic. I'm wearing a plain white button up shirt from Forever 21 but I would love to find a shirt with a bold pattern to make the outfit stand out even more.




Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 

@littlethingsbloves on Instagram 

Little Things B loves on Pintrest 

Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment