Saturday, September 30, 2017

Not-so-Naughty Bridal Shower gift Ideas


 When it comes time to buy a bridal shower gift everything thinks of one thing. Lingerie: Duh. But maybe you want to go a different route. I know when it came time for my bridal shower my mom and a few of my aunts felt slightly uncomfortable gifting me with g-strings and skimpy things. If you find yourself in this situation, for what ever reason, here are a few alternative for you.


5 Nice, not Nasty, Bridal Shower Gift Ideas


1. Cute Pajamas
Every night for the new bride won't be a lingerie kind of night, and she must be prepared for those as well. So if you don't feel comfortable buying crotch-less panties you can still get the bride to be some nice bed-wear. I would suggest you buy her some really cute pajamas for her new life as a wife. Target is one store that always has really nice pajama sets. Make sure when you are shopping you are thinking comfy meets effortlessly sexy. Go for shorts/ cami sets made of really soft fabrics. Lace trim and mesh backs are always a good idea. If you are able to spend a bit more money check out Victoria's Secret's sleepwear. They have really simple, yet sexy sleep shirts and nightgowns.

2. Bride gear
Every bride will like literally anything you get her with the words "Bride", "Team Bride", "Wifey" or "Mrs" stamped on it, so you have my permission to go crazy. Think t-shirts, mugs, phone cases and stationary but anything cute and shiny will do! Again Target has a bunch of bride gear. Products in stores can vary but online usually has a better selection. Amazon.com and Charming Charlie also have really cute bride gear. Shop around and be careful of shady sites. I like to stick to trusted brands to make sure I get exactly what I am looking for.


3. Special Bathrobe
I am a robe person, always have been, so this is a great gift to me. I got two of them at my bridal shower and I use them all! I got ready for my wedding in a white silk robe with "bride" embroidered on it. I had my robe custom made on Etsy but they have these in stores as well. I also got a short black robe that is light-weight for wearing around the house in the summer, as well as a long thick robe for the winter. A nice robe is great to wear around the house and can be an integral part of a striptease for the new hubby ;)


4. Gift cards for date night
Gift cards given at a bridal or bachelorette party don't have to be for lingerie. You could get the bride to be a nice gift card to her favorite restaurant or restaurant chains for a date night with hubby. I think $50 at a local restaurant is a perfect, easy gift and be sure to pair it with a thoughtful card. 

5. Pamper her: hair removal, Mani-Pedi or Spa gift cards or Groupon
A gift card to a nice wax spot like European wax is a great idea. they offer a lot of services but a $50-$75 gift card to one one of these places can go far. Call ahead to see if they offer gift cards and what a good amount would be as a gift. A fresh wax before the wedding night or honeymoon can be exciting and fun for the new couple. If waxing isn't the bride's foretaste, treating her to a simple mani-pedi works as well. I am not opposed to receiving Groupons as a gift so if you are open this may be an option. You may be able to gift two or more services for a cheaper amount of money. Who doesn't like getting more bang for their buck!



There are so many things you can get the bride to be if you choose not to buy lingerie. These are only a few examples but its not easy to come up with more if you think outside of the box. Brides just want to know you are thinking of them and wishing them well in this next phase of life so anything from a nice silver frame for wedding photos to a pole dancing class pass for two will be appreciated!

Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 

Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading!

1 comment: