Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Wig Transformation: Outre First Lady



I went to New Orleans last week and while I was there I wore wigs and head wraps to protect my hair and to cut down on the time spent getting ready. The last thing I wanted to do on vacation was worry about retwisting my hair at night or stressing about whether or not my Fro would live up to my expectation for those 4 days. 


The wigs & head wraps proved to be a hit! Even in the 97-degree weather I was able to stay cute and cool (We mostly stayed in during the peak heat of the day). While I was there I wore my Beshe 'Drew' wig, my Tigris head wrap from The
Wrap Life and my Outre 'First Lady' wig. Check out my Instagram for pictures of all three. But before I left I made some major changes to that 'First Lady' wig. 

Originally I planned to wear Drew all week but I decided that I should change up my hair with my outfits while there! Since Drew is big and curly I chose to go with something completely different for my second wig. I knew I wanted it to be shorter, long hair & heat don't mix, and I wanted it to be curly, but I didn't know what wig to get. I was going for the Gabriel Union or Tiraji P. Henson look! So before I left I did look for a new wig at the beauty supply store but with no luck I decided to work with what I had. 

I didn't feel too bad about cutting up First Lady since I wasn't head over heals about her in its original state. Ultimately I'm really glad that I went through with the cut. I learned how to do this from watching various YouTube videos and honestly, just jumping right in. I would suggest that you try this on a cheap or old wig just in case you mess it up or don't like it. But after you add a few curls I don't think you can really go wrong with this.... 

Check out my video and let me know what you think!

Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 

Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment