Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Look HOT on Date Night

Valentines Day isn't the only reason you can get all dolled up for your Boo or Bae! Dates should be a regular part of any healthy relationship, no matter how long you've been together. I love dressing up for dates, even if we aren't going anywhere extra special. Below are two different date looks that can give you some inspiration for your next night out.


Look One 



     Look one is a pretty dressy look. It isn't quite as dressy as my Valentines Day look but it is perfect for dinner with your sweetie. This dress is from Akira. I was not able to find it online so unfortunately I don't have a direct link or name for this dress. There was only a limited quantity in the store also (I had to travel to two different locations to find me size).

     My shopping buddy didn't see the potential but right from the beginning I saw it's strong suits.

1. The material is soft and stretchy like a tee-shirt. This is a plus because it allows for wear in a more casual setting, like a bar/ lounge or restaurant like Olive Garden or Ruby Tuesday's.

2. The ruching detail adds decoration to the dress, making it look more sophisticated. But more importantly it hides your tummy while also accentuating your waist! This is greatly needed for those of us who do not have perfect stomachs or hour glass figures. Details like this are what make wrap dresses so popular. These dresses flatter all figures

And finally 3. the long sleeves make it perfect for wear in the fall/winter months.

      I paired this dress with some lace up, open toed booties that I got on sale from Payless. These babies are called the "Mayhem Ghille Pump" and are actually a part of Christian Siriano's designer line for Payless. I'm a huge fan of pairing winter dresses with booties, even if they are open toed. They add warmth of course but they just look amazing. It's easy to grab your normal pumps or heels but a great pair of booties can look amazing with a dress.



Outfit Details:

Dress: Akira $44.90
Shoes: Payless Reg. Price $44.99, on sale for $34.99
Bag: Charming Charlie $25
Necklace: H&M $9



Look Two


    This look is a lot more casual than the first. This is for one of those dates to the movies or just out for a drink. With a cute fitted sweater dress you can look cute but not over do it. This dress is also from Akira. It's a simple body-con sweater dress. The material is ribbed and thick but not stifling.

This is just an awesome dress to have. I've already worn it to work and other places so that shows you its versatility. Wearing this with heeled, thigh-high boots and different jewelry could dress it up or you could opt for the casual cute look with flat boots. 

      I paired this with my Charming Charlie 'Ava' boots and lock box Satchel. Even though I bought these separately they are an amazing match for each other. The faux leather and gold chain detail in both make it look like they were cut from the same cloth. 

      Because the black with gold chain detailing in the shoes and bag were so prominent I decided to continue that theme with me jewelry . I wore a few gold chain bangles from Charming Charlie and one cheetah print bracelet from New York and Company. All of which were bought on sale. In both looks I kept my neck accessories simple but chic with this simple gold chain from H&M. It is faded from frequent wear but I love the faded bronze look. Plus I'm just not ready to part with this one just yet!

Outfit Details 
Dress: Akira $44
Bag: Charming Charlie $39
Accessories: Charming Charlie 



I hope you loved both looks!


Don't Forget to Follow Me!! 


Subscribe to my blog by entering your email blow
 :-) Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment