Follow by Email

Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Secret Trench

Allow me to introduce you to my latest love, The Secret Trench from Victoria's Secret....


The Steal 

   Normally this coat is $198, but I caught it on sale for $158. It may seem a little high, but looking around on various websites (Macy's, Zappos, Express, etc) I found that most double breasted, Mid length trench coats went for this price. I didn't want to buy cheap because I wanted this coat to last so I went ahead and ordered it from VS. This was my first time buying clothes from VS so I was worried that it would be cheap (despite the price) or wouldn't fit but I assumed because it is from Victoria's Secret that it would be cute &  flattering to my silhouette. At the time there was a promotion for free shipping and a free pair of panties with the purchase of a bra so I also purchased a bra so that I could take advantage of the free shipping, which knocked $20 off my total.

The Coat  

    The coat is amazing. It is outlined with a leather like material, which is really different and stands out from other coats I have seen. It also has a soft pink, polyester lining which adds that signature Victoria's Secret touch to the coat.
    The fit is perfect. I used the sizing chart on the VS website & decided I would go with a size four and it turned out to be really accurate.
    I've worn it a couple times, usually when the weather is about 50-70 degrees and I've been really comfortable. I've been careful not to wear dark denim with it because I know my jeans would bleed into the lining or worse, the bottom of the coat. So I have been wearing my white denim or dress pants. 
   In the picture I am rocking a pair of ankle pants in the 2014 color of the year, Wild Orchard. These are made by Worthington, a brand sold in JC Penney, priced at $40 but I got them on sale for $20. My Shoes are also from JC Penney. These are called Icey and are made by Cosmopolitan. I bought these at their regular price of $39.99. But of course I had a $10 off coupon, which was split between my two items. So my final damage was $16.66 for the pants and $33.32 for the shoes. 

    All in all I am thoroughly pleased with my coat. There is no better feeling than strutting down Michigan Ave on a 60 degree day in your fabulous trench coat. That alone makes this coat worth the $158 I spent but more importantly this coat makes any outfit I wear much more chic than any other spring coat I currently have. One thing I need to work on in my wardrobe is my outerwear selection. But this is a nice step in the right direction. Bomber Jackets are also in this spring so I may get one if I find one that catches my eye. I usually don't spend a lot of money on on-trend items because they don't tend to stick around too long, so I definitely won't be spending big bucks on one of those but a trench coat on the other hand... Those are in for life.


Don't Forget to Follow Me!


Little Things B loves on Pintrest 

@Littlethingsbloves on Instagram

Subscribe to my blog below :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment